Dear Second Grade Families,
I am really excited that you will be in my class this year! We will share many new and exciting experiences. I will post our class schedule as soon as it is available. We always have a snack during the day, so bring a quick, healthy snack. A water bottle with your name on it is also important. I don't think the water fountains are turned on.Supply boxes that were ordered online will be in the classroom on the first day. I will be sending home supplies that are not needed. For those families who are bringing supplies, I am asking that you unwrap and label them and sort them as follows:
- Headphones/earbuds- take out of packaging, label, if possible and place in a plastic ziplick bag with your child's name on it.
- Pencil box - label and fill with one box of crayons, two sharpened pencils, 1 bold and 1 fine point dry erase marker, 1 highlighter, 1 red pen, one glue stick and 1 pair of scissors.
- Put extra supplies in another large ziplock bag labeled with your child's name.
- Wipes, hand sanitizer, and tissues will be collected and kept in my cabinet for when needed.
- Colored folders and compositon books should also be labeled with your child's name.
I will not be using the binders, notebook paper, dividers , and the paper folders listed on the second grade list. Please do not send them. For the 2nd grade list and more information please go to my page labeled Supplies.
We have plenty of tissues, wipes, hand sanitizer, and ZipLock bags. You do not need to send these at this time. If we run out during the year I will send a request for these items.
I appreciate your help with this!
You are welcome to bring supplies when you visit for the open house.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!Your Teacher,Mrs. Steinman