The Margaret C. Clifford School Snack Guidelines
As safety is always a top notion at MCS, we are asking all parents to refrain from sending in foods that contain peanuts, tree nuts, or have been made in a facility that processes peanuts or tree nuts for students to consume during their daily snack times. Please check labels of snacks sent into school as ingredient lists can often change. It is preferred that any item sent into school for your child’s snack contain a food/ingredients label so ingredients can be checked.
Need help with choosing some snack items that follow the classroom snack guidelines? See suggestions below:
- Fresh fruits (apples, orange, grapes, etc.)
- Fruit cups, applesauce
- Raisins, craisins
- Pretzels (NOT SNYDERS BRAND -please check labels-some brands of pretzels are made in a peanut facility)
- Fresh veggies (carrots, celery, cucumber slices) and ranch dressing dip
- String cheese, cheese sticks
- Yogurt, Gogurt
- Pudding and Jello cups
- Cookies: Oreos, Vanilla wafers, Teddy Grahams, Animal crackers
- Crackers: goldfish, saltines, Ritz (not Ritz bits or sandwiches-contain peanut butter), Triscuits
- Fruit snacks, fruit roll ups, Fruit by the Foot
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Plain potato chips
- Microwaved Plain Popcorn-already popped
- Please send in spoons if required!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN THE FOLLOWING FOODS AS THEY CAN CONTAIN PEANUTS/NUTS:
- GRANOLA BARS
- TRAIL MIX
- NUTS OF ANY KIND (CASHEWS, PEANUTS, ALMONDS, ETC.)
- BAKED GOODS SUCH AS BAKERY COOKIES OR MUFFINS
Thank you for your assistance and understanding with helping to keep our students safe and healthy!